CIM Sueca (Crappy Int’l Movies in Sueca) awards contest rules:
- CIM Sueca welcomes any individual, firm, association or group form to participate in the festival, with no restriction regarding age, language, ethnicity or any other kind whatsoever.
- Entries must be low-budget, independent or non-commercial films, ideally B to Z series, bizarre, campy, DIY, exploitation, freak, gore, kitsch, trash, underground or unclassifiable productions, either fiction or non-fiction, as long as it revolves or pays homage to such genres.
- Works in any format and length are allowed.
- Those works in a language other than Valencian or Spanish must be subtitled in either one or supplied with a timed dialogue list to undergo translation.
- Entries can be submitted by filling in the form at www.cimsueca.com/en/inscripcio/ and providing a download link to the file: authors or copyright owners shall provide the highest quality export, were it to be screened.
- Physical media can also be mailed the old-fashioned way to:
CARRER DEL SEQUIAL 3
46410 – SUECA
(VALÈNCIA) – SPAIN
- Inscription is possible as well through the platform FilmFreeway.
- The deadline for submission is April 2, 2017. For works sent by snail mail, sending date will be considered.
- CIM Sueca team, consisting of cinema and TV professionals and aficionados alike, will do a first selection of the works at contest.
- All those approved for showing at the festival are eligible to win the international award; in both occurrences, authors or owners will be notified per e-mail (or any other means) and the full listing will by published at www.cimsueca.com as well.
- Participating films will be screened to the attending public during the festival grouped in evening showings with a common subject, either competing or not: CIM Sueca reserves the right to cancel any projection last minute, if deemed so.
- CIM Sueca management can create competitive and out of competition sections.
- Awards are as follows:
- a) SHIT prize (Suecan Horrorous Incoming Trophy) short films (for works no longer than 30 minutes), worth €300.
- b) SHIT prize (Suecan Horrorous Incoming Trophy) feature films (for works over 30 minutes in length), worth €300.
- c) MORRALLA award for feature films: 150€.
- d) MORRALLA award for short films: 150€.
- CIM Sueca’s management may award any other prizes or special mentions, with no cash prize at all.
- If any awardees can’t make it to the festival to receive the honor, trophies will be sent by mail and cash prizes transferred to their bank accounts, minus shipping costs and whatever charges may incur.
- All awards are voted by the public. SHIT awards are granted to the most voted works, MORRALLA awards are for most abused works. All decisions are final.
- Submitted works (either digitally or phisically) won’t be returned, but will be archived in the festival’s vault. The festival vows not to make any commercial use out of them. Awarded films might be invited to be shown at any other festivals in partnership with CIM Sueca.
- Participating films might be broadcasted by local station and festival promoter SuecaTV, only if their authors agree beforehand.
- Participants take responsibility for any possible complaints regarding rights of third parties in the works presented.
- Any unforeseen circumstance will be resolved at the organization discretion.
- Registration in the competition implies full acceptance of these conditions.